These guidelines will help you understand if your company has the minimum qualifications to become a GSA Schedule contractor. If you want more information about some of the topics, click on the reference, if applicable, at the end of each topic. If any of these topics are a problem for you company, contact us to help you get qualified under that topic.
- You have not been debarred by the Federal Government. Link EPLS.
- You have been in business for more than two years.
- Your gross sales should be at least $100,000 (over a two year period).
- You have financial statements (income & balance sheets) for at least one complete fiscal year, along with a reliable accounting system. See GSA Form 527.
- You have a DUNS number. If you do not have one, Link DUNS.
- You have at least six (6) business references from customers who have procured your products and/or services.
If you have reviewed the above and feel that you are qualified, then, contact us. We will give you more guidance and an estimate on our service offerings to get the GSA Schedule. So that you will know what additional information will be needed during the information gathering process, please keynote the following:
- You should have invoices documenting prices charged to your clients.
- You should have documentation of commercial sales practices, showing your discount policies to your customer base.
- If you are offering Professional Services, you will need documents showing projects you have worked, labor categories used and their descriptions, including education requirements, experience needed, employment compensation, benefits and rates charged.
- If you are a dealer and sell products, you will need a letter of commitment and supply from the manufacturer indicating they will meet the needs of the goods and products you have listed in your schedule.
Additionally, a few suggestions that you need to consider are:
- You should have an email address.
- You should have a website.
- If you are offering products as a manufacturer or dealer, the products should be made in the US, or a country compliant under the Trade Agreements Act. Link TAA Power Point.
- You need to register with the Central Contractor Registration website. Link CCR.
- Your need to register with the Online Representations and Certifications Application website. Link ORCA.
Once on GSA Schedule:
your product offering must be capable of generating at least $25,000 in sales the first two years and must also reach that ammount every year following.
If you do not meet these requirements, we can help shape your business to soon meet these reqirements.